Welcome to Rochester St. Martin Boxing Club, Inc.
The purpose of St. Martin Boxing is to provide a medium to instill in youth, through amateur boxing, the benefits of hard work, self-discipline and respect for others, which results in youth participants having a feeling of personal accomplishment and self-worth.
The St. Martin Boxing program has been in existence for almost 60 years, during the last almost 50 years of which, Don Simkin has led the program and given the at-risk and financially disadvantaged youth in the City of Rochester an opportunity to participate in its boxing program. Many of these boxers have excelled in the sport (some nationally and as many 12 have won national championships in competitions sanctioned by USA Boxing). St. Martin Boxing is very proud of the boxers whose experience with their program has helped them become good citizens having successful careers and lifestyles.
This is accomplished through the following:
- Coaching and working with youth in gymnasium workouts
- Promoting good physical and mental health
- Promoting good moral standing and citizenship among youth
- Promoting boxing shows for participants
- Arranging for away competition and providing transportation to these events
- Publicizing local boxing promotions of the club
- Recruiting interested youth as boxers
- Promoting the growth of local officiating